WARNING: do not give false feedback Latest Rakion trades Trade Tools Gold Members

Announce me!

rakion.biz is now accpepting GOLD MEMBER
rakion.biz Need Two New Moderator

Gift me!

Win free stuff! Check out the events hosted by Rakion.biz members!
Are you a Gold Member? Enter the free monthly Cash draw!
-->

Donated?

Be sure to let KYLEE know by sending him a private message!

Help us help you!

All your donations help to pay for our server bill and any additional costs to provide you with the best features.

We are PayPal Verified!

What it Means to be Verified To become Verified, a PayPal member in Canada must provide us with proof that he or she has opened an account at a bank or other financial institution. Because these institutions are required by law to screen account holders, PayPal's verification process increases security when you pay parties you do not know. Please note that PayPal's verification system does not constitute an endorsement of a member, nor a guarantee of a member's business practices. You should always consider other indicators when evaluating members, including length of PayPal membership and reputation scores (on eBay or other auction sites, if applicable). -->

Rakion.biz Spotlight

We're on Facebook

Facebook page

AND TWITTER

View tweets

Friends

Bunge Holes
Rakion League
Shonorukyo

Rakion.biz Looking for Moderators (UPDATED: Oct 23, 2012)

You are here: Board index Rakion.biz FeedbackRakion.biz Looking for Moderators (UPDATED: Oct 23, 2012) Help us improve by providing any suggestions and reporting any bugs you may have encountered. You can also ask for help here or request Trade Feedback changes. Wrongfully banned or experiencing login/registration problems? Guests (non-members) can post here..

Moderator: freakrakion

Re: Rakion.biz Looking for Moderators (last day to apply May 26)

Postby Serenity on Mon May 24, 2010 8:48 pm

I think you should consider making the replies hidden so that people can't copy from each other, or look at the previous replies and make their's seem better by posting edited replies... *shrugs*
Serenity
Double Gold Axe
Double Gold Axe

IGN: [Prophecy]
Class: Ninja
Character level: 99
Server: Australia
Player Shop: http://www.rakion.biz/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=5499

Advertisement
:-)

Postby kelvinho66 on Mon May 24, 2010 8:55 pm

im pretty sure most people that applied pmed him. but a few just posted it here:P
DECLINE THE TRADE/OFFER IF I ASK TO SEND THE ITEM TO GEEK4EVER. MOST LIKELY ITS A SCAM!!!HE HACKED MY ACCOUNT BEFORE AND HE COULD NEXT TIME.
kelvinho66
Blue Knight
Blue Knight

IGN: aqtwyxdcv
Class: Swordsman
Character level: 59
Referral: AquaTiger
Server: Canada / USA
A/S/L: 16/M/DunWorry

Postby Naemesis on Mon May 24, 2010 10:29 pm

True, a lot of people PMed Falcon instead of posting here.
Naemesis
Red Phoenix
Red Phoenix
Gold Member

IGN: Naemesis
Class: Blacksmith
Server: Europe
Player Shop: http://www.rakion.biz/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=12773
A/S/L: 9001/H/Desk

Postby Kai-Inferno on Tue May 25, 2010 5:45 am

I think falcon should be more democratic when recruiting moderators. In the sense that he consolidates the list of successful candidates who meet the BASIC requirement and then hold a public discussion thread among members of the forum to see whether majority of the forummers approves of them or not. This would hopefully allow members to develop a sense of attachment to this forum since they now have a say in the political issues of the forum and not just being a "mere forummer who comes and go." ,which will result in the forum developing faster since if more members actively take part in discussions,there would also be more suggestions. Just my two-cents.
Anti-Scam Extremist
Kai-Inferno
Silver Trophy
Silver Trophy
Gold Member
Trusted Member

IGN: MeltingLaw
Character level: 84
Referral: PlayNyoMom(Indirect)
Server: Singapore

Postby Naemesis on Tue May 25, 2010 5:54 am

Kai-Inferno wrote:I think falcon should be more democratic when recruiting moderators. In the sense that he consolidates the list of successful candidates who meet the BASIC requirement and then hold a public discussion thread among members of the forum to see whether majority of the forummers approves of them or not. This would hopefully allow members to develop a sense of attachment to this forum since they now have a say in the political issues of the forum and not just being a "mere forummer who comes and go." ,which will result in the forum developing faster since if more members actively take part in discussions,there would also be more suggestions. Just my two-cents.

Falcon is democratic, and he did actually open up a thread for voting on who will be the new moderators, but rather than every forum member, only moderators can vote.
Naemesis
Red Phoenix
Red Phoenix
Gold Member

IGN: Naemesis
Server: Europe
Player Shop: http://www.rakion.biz/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=12773
A/S/L: 9001/H/Desk

Postby Kai-Inferno on Tue May 25, 2010 5:56 am

Naemesis wrote:
Kai-Inferno wrote:I think falcon should be more democratic when recruiting moderators. In the sense that he consolidates the list of successful candidates who meet the BASIC requirement and then hold a public discussion thread among members of the forum to see whether majority of the forummers approves of them or not. This would hopefully allow members to develop a sense of attachment to this forum since they now have a say in the political issues of the forum and not just being a "mere forummer who comes and go." ,which will result in the forum developing faster since if more members actively take part in discussions,there would also be more suggestions. Just my two-cents.

Falcon is democratic, and he did actually open up a thread for voting on who will be the new moderators, but rather than every forum member, only moderators can vote.

Well i didn't know about it,obviously. But even so,the extent of his democracy is limited.
Anti-Scam Extremist
Kai-Inferno
Silver Trophy
Silver Trophy
Gold Member
Trusted Member

Postby pegjosh on Tue May 25, 2010 6:58 am

In my experience that is not the way this thing is being done. Come to think of it, that would actually be harder. I also think that it is not just based on popularity. They would choose the right person once they see that the person can do the job. Nothing more.
Im looking for:
a girlfriend
pegjosh
Violet Hole
Violet Hole

IGN: 【ツ】[)OOMS[)AY
Character level: 93
Referral: Qoo_Lady, [A]thos
Server: Philippines
A/S/L: 15/M/PH

Postby Kai-Inferno on Wed May 26, 2010 1:17 am

pegjosh wrote:

In my experience that is not the way this thing is being done. Come to think of it, that would actually be harder. I also think that it is not just based on popularity. They would choose the right person once they see that the person can do the job. Nothing more.

I don't remember saying that we should select moderators based on popularity.

In the sense that he consolidates the list of successful candidates who meet the BASIC requirement

This was what i said,meaning we approve of candidates who meet the conditions needed to fill in the role. I would appreciate it if you would stop your accusations against me.
Anti-Scam Extremist
Kai-Inferno
Silver Trophy
Silver Trophy
Gold Member
Trusted Member

Postby beezbox on Wed May 26, 2010 1:41 am

We should select moderators based on what they have done on forums recently. We are also checking their backgrounds or if they really meet the conditions to be a MOD.
beezbox
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon
Gold Member

IGN: None
Class: Archer
Referral: Mage
Player Shop: http://www.rakion.biz/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=1127
A/S/L: 22/M/PH

Postby Marjorie on Wed May 26, 2010 2:15 am

beezbox wrote:We should select moderators based on what they have done on forums recently. We are also checking their backgrounds or if they really meet the conditions to be a MOD.

TRUE!!! and if I may add, REPUTATION counts also... both in game and in forums... :D :mrgreen: :lol:
Marjorie
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator
Trusted Member
HONEST

IGN: nayrb_otnas
Class: Mage
Referral: beezbox
Player Shop: http://www.rakion.biz/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=18864
A/S/L: 28/F/EARTH